The compilation of our families adventures.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dishes

This story is just an example. I got it off the old family blog.

It was the night of a Church dance. While I was getting ready my dad told me to make sure I washed the huge pile of dishes waiting in the sink before I left.  Well I had a lot of things on my mind that night-the biggest was how to figure out how to get a friend of mine (who was a boy) to the church dance without my dad finding out about it. I was only 15 and to my dad that would have constituted a date. Not being allowed to date until I was 16 I knew I had to be as discrete about this boy as possible. With all these things on my mind I naturally forgot all about the dishes.

I went to the dance and that boy was there. I was miserable. I felt so guilty and I am pretty sure this boy didn't have any fun. I felt so awkward with him being there that I could barely stand to be around him. After the dance I rode home with some of my brothers friends who were going to give the boy I invited a ride home. My brothers friends decided to drop me off first and when we got to my house I got out of the car and I hugged this guy in plain site of the house.

When I walked in the door and into the living room where I knew my dad would be waiting I could see right away that he was furious about something. I didn't know it was at me until the remote control Dad had been holding came flying at me missing me by about a foot (On purpose I found out later)

I got an earful. First I was told that I was never allowed to see that boy or even talk to him ever again. I was told too end it the next day or he would (That was dads reaction to every boy that I had interest in all through High school though-He even threatened to flunk one guy out of school if he so much as saw him talking to me) and then after my dad felt I had gotten the message about this boy he moved on to the subject of the kitchen. He griped at me for probably 30 minutes before it dawned on me that the reason he was so furious was because I forgot to do the dishes.

"This is about DISHES?" I asked during a break in the conversation
"YES IT IS ABOUT THE DISHES!!!!"
"Well I can do the dishes!" I said which I promptly did
Never again did I have that kind of run in with my dad because I always did my chores first.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment