I remember when I was about four or five thinking that I wanted bangs.
My barbie dolls were bald from my experimenting. I kept thinking, hmmm
that looks silly, let me cut a little more off and it will look better.
They usually ended super ugly by the time I was done with them, so I
thought I would try my own hair, atleast mine grows back right?
I
locked my self in the kids bathroom and commenced with the makeover. I
took a small part right in front smack dab in the middle and cut a
little off. Okay, I cut ALOT off! It was now stubble or a bald spot you
could say. I had just make myself look like the Barbies I was trying to
help. Hopefully no one would notice, right! As soon as I walk out of the
bathroom it seemed as if Dad had honed in on me, he walked straight to
me as I was walking to my room and stopped me in front of the door.
"What did you do to your hair?' My reply.... "I don't know?" this went
on for about three times I believe, each time I lied I got a nice thump
on the head. I told him I had cut it, I was obviously sobbing from there
and felt completely silly. But HEY! Hair does grow back!
Our
family seems to have a bunch of night walkers in it. I remember two
separate occasions where I either found myself in a strange place or a
sibling in someone elses bed.I remember waking up under the baby grand
piano one morning before our five oclock session of scripture reading.
And numerous occasions I found myself in front of the couch on the
floor. One particular day I woke up and noticed that Laurie was not in
her bed, I was sent to wake Daniel up and noticed that Laurie had waken
up in the middle of the night and went into the boys room. There she
was.... all snuggled up with Daniels feet! She was
holding them like they were a stuffed animal. I started laughing
uncontrollably and wished I had a camera to take a picture for blackmail
later. Laurie was somewhat of an odd sleeper anyway, she rolled off of
our bunk beds numerous times until the wooden boards were added. I also
had a problem not laughing every time she got hurt so I would get in
trouble for it.
When I was in middle school I participated in
after school sports activities. It was more of a social activity for me.
I didn't really care for playing the sport so much. I recall one night
finishing a basketball game and waiting for Mom to pick me up. She was
always late. Duh, we lived farther than most so it was dark when she
finally got there. I saw her pull into the parking lot and as usual,
thought it would be funny to scare her. We all know Mother is THE person
to scare, you rarely don't get a reaction from her. As soon as she
pulled closer I JUMPED right out of nowhere in
front of the car and screamed at her! She did not find it as funny as I
did. I got a good scalding on how she could have ran me over and you
don't do that kind of stuff in the dark, or EVER as a matter of fact.
LESSON LEARNED.
When I was younger I was the child that
needed a little more attention than most. I had the most wonderful nanny
in the world. Pam Shivers, Pam took it apon herself to make me feel
"special". I always did feel special when I was with her, I remember her
taking me to get my hair cut and permed, I remember the dolls she gave
me and the trips to the store with her. One year she helped me with our
family pumpkin decorating contest. When we were done with it, it was the
most beautiful pumpkin I had ever laid my eyes on. It was fantastic. I
got the most beautiful pumpkin ribbon. I was so proud of it. Our family
home evening pumpkin contests got more competitive as time went on, but
all I wanted was a beautiful
pumpkin.
No comments:
Post a Comment