The compilation of our families adventures.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Shannon-Old House Memories

I remember a lot of animals too. I loved it. And I also thought we lived on a farm. We had some chickens one time, and they had little cute fluffy chicks, which I adored. I knew the momma chicken wouldn't be so keen on me holding a chick, so I climbed on one of the trampolines and bent over the side and scooped up a chick. All would have been fine and dandy, except I got off the trampoline and the momma hen came right at me pecking my heels as I ran away. So I tossed the chick over my back and ran home. She left me alone, and I never tried to pick up one of her chicks again.

Another great story is when David would let the Billy goat out and corral him to run by the trampoline so we could take turns "riding" him. I think I have told this story before and others seem to remember it differently. 

I remember David having the wild dog named Smiley. I hated that thing. In the mornings, because I was so scared of it, I would peek out the door and wait to see where David and the dog were, and when the coast was clear, I would make a mad dash to the trampoline where it was safe. Until Smiley learned to get on the trampoline...

I remember dad taking us around the perimeter of the goat field. I don't remember why, but I seem to remember that there was a purpose. Maybe looking for holes in the fence? But we all went out, on what seemed like a long walk around the field. I also remember finding TONS of tadpoles that day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment