The compilation of our families adventures.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Laurie-memories

I remember as a kid the group of us (David, Shannon, me, Julie, Daniel and usually Alex Alvis) would get together and play out in the big pasture in front of our house. This particular day we were playing cowboys and Indians. I think I was an Indian because at some point I was being chased and I took off as if my life depended on it to our home. The pasture has always had a barb wire fence around it but for some reason on that day I forgot.  As I sprinted as fast as I could I ran smack into the fence which acted like a rubber band and sent me flying. I think it must have knocked me out for a minute because I stayed laying down in a daze for awhile with some siblings looking down at me laughing

I don't know what it was about Mom and Dads bed but as a child I always slept better there. There were many nights when I would sneak in (If mom caught me I was always sent back to my room) and climb in next to dad where he would pull me into his armpit and I would fall asleep.  Annie usually had the other armpit. I remember feeling pretty special knowing my dad loved me. There were many nights when he would sing "Whenever I hear the song of a bird" to me before I would fall asleep and it became a favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment