The compilation of our families adventures.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Laurie-Car ride

When I was younger our family use to go on family vacations. We went to New York one year, Los Vegas another and I think once we went to Utah. All I remember was seeing the houses built on hills and wondering why they looked lopsided and why half of the house was under the ground.
What I remember most about those trips were the car rides. We use to have a big 15 passenger van that we would all load up in. It seemed like we all fought over sitting in the back-where the seat had been replaced with a board that we could sit on top of and wave at the passing cars. Mom and dad always packed plenty of fruits and vegetables for the trip to cut down on our stopping. Once I was SO thirsty so mom pulled out a big bag of carrots and told us to eat the carrots except the center and whoever had the prettiest core by the next time we stopped would get a soda from the store. Well I tried so hard to eat  the outside of the carrot and leave the inside core smooth but somehow I always took a chunk out of the side. So I would eat that part to hide it until all I was left with was a little stump to show. It took me quite awhile and I was so disappointed when I lost. But I forgot how thirsty I was when mom pulled out some warm water for me to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment